Workspaces created with version 1.1.8 and below (pre-2019) can no longer be used with Ctrl for iPad and cannot be automatically upgraded within the app. To support users still using older workspaces, an export function exists in version 2.1.6 and later.
If you have already exported your workspace or have an off-device backup, proceed to step 3.
Do not delete or attempt to reinstall the app between upgrading from a version 1 install, as this renders workspaces unrecoverable.
1. Enable Legacy Workspaces
You will first need to enable legacy workspaces for the app. Follow the steps below to enable this setting.
- Visit the iPad Settings
- In the left menu, scroll to and tap on Ctrl
- In the right panel, set the Display Legacy Workspace option to enabled
- Close settings and open Ctrl. If Ctrl is already running, close it and reopen it.
- Continue to step 2
2. Export Your Workspace
Providing the workspace is still on the device, it will now be shown in the Workspaces lists. Please note that some meta information, such as name and date, may be missing.
- Find the workspace in the list and tap it to open
- If your workspace is not shown, unfortunately, it will not be unrecoverable
- Select a location to save the workspace in the export dialogue
- An alert will be shown indicating the status of the export
- If successful, continue to step 3
3. Contact Our Team
Our team will be able to assess the state of your workspace and whether it can be upgraded for version 2 support. Please note that we cannot guarantee that legacy workspaces will be recoverable, and we may discuss applicable fees for converting complex workspaces.
- Locate the exported file; this will have a .cfi-legacy-bundle extension
- Send your file to our support team via the support channel
- We aim to respond to all issues within two working days.